was built in true “Kootenay” style; quaint grandeur with relaxed comfort. The back country ski and snowboarding lodge was hand-built from local timbers. It accommodates a maximum of eight guests. Thus, creating an intimate atmosphere in the two-story, post-and-beam lodge.
Large, picturesque windows surround you on every wall. These views, coupled with eighteen-foot ceilings in the common room, allow guests to feel the great expanse of the outdoors, while enjoying the cozy comfort of the common room couches.
The kitchen is fully equipped and serves a group of ten with ease. It includes a propane oven, four-burner stovetop, double sink and built in natural refrigerator/freezer and has a great expanse of counter space. A large dining room table with a dining area that seats 10 guests comfortably
The loft is open-concept containing cozy bunk beds with mattresses and sheets that will sleep seven comfortably. We have now added a new bedroom that will sleep 4 comfortably. Please bring your own light weight sleeping bag/duvet.
Your group enjoys exclusive and private use of the lodge as our guides and cooks share separate accommodations nearby.
A sauna may be in order after a day of skiing; to relax and soak up some serious heat in its cedar interior. Enjoy our wilderness sauna, equipped with a back country shower system that keeps you clean and refreshed for the next day of skiing. These amenities speak for themselves – a little bit of luxury in the remote wilderness.
- 4 burner full size propane stove and oven
- All utensils, cups and plates, pots and pans, coffee makers, sink, soaps, dish clothes and scrubbies, etc.
- Cement counter tops and full size fridge
- Separate wash station.
- Electric lighting with capability of charging batteries.
- Ski iron and wax
- Satellite and Radio communication
- Internet (most of the time)
- Couches, large dining room table, excellent views
- Drying racks and cozy wood stove
- Solar/battery lighting for early mornings and emergencies
- Bunk beds with 1 sheet and pillow and pillow case per guest
- Please bring your own light weight sleeping bag or duvet
- 2 single bunks for 4 guests and 2 king sized double bunks for 4 guests upstairs.
- 1private bedroom downstairs that sleeps up tp 4