Ice Creek Lodge Booking Policy
Group leaders acknowledge all members have read the waiver (BLBCA-Waiver Winter or BLBCA-Waiver Summer) and Ice Creek Lodge Booking Policy. Once you place a booking with us, we assume that you have read and accepted all the terms and conditions described on this website.
Individual OR Group Bookings
At the time of booking, a 50% deposit is required to confirm your space. Space will not be reserved until the 50% deposit is received.
Note that the rate charged will be for the year the trip is actually taking place, not the rate for the year that the trip was booked. Rates for the upcoming season will be posted by March 1st each year. Our annual rate increase is normally less than 10%. Our rates may be adjusted due to changes in our operating costs (eg. helicopter costs). If we raise our per-person rates by more than 10% from the previous year, groups will be offered a full refund of their deposit (less an administration fee) if they cancel their booking, in writing, within 30 days of receiving notice from us.
All final payments are due Sept 1st
All cancellations must be received in writing. If cancellation is received prior to Sept 1st, a full refund will be issued minus a $150.00 service charge per person. (only if Ice Creek Lodge is able to find a replacement group for the week reserved). Any cancellations received after the final payment due date will not be refunded. Ice Creek Lodge cannot make an exception to its cancellation policies for any reason. This includes personal emergencies and weather issues. Final payments must be received by Ice Creek Lodge in full, no later than Sept 1st. All clients are responsible for arriving at the staging area at the prearranged time.
All final payments are due 7 days prior to the trip start date.
All cancellations must be received in writing. If a cancellation is received up to 7 days prior to the trip start date, a full refund will be issued (minus an administration fee, if we are able to sell your trip dates). Any cancellations received after the final payment due date will not be refunded. Ice Creek Lodge cannot make an exception to its cancellation policies for any reason. This includes personal emergencies and weather issues.
- Ice Creek Lodge reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time with a full refund.
- The participation of any person during a day of activity is subject to the discretion of the guide.
- We recommend all health conditions and allergies be noted on the Ice Creek Lodge Medical Information Form
- No alcohol or drugs (excluding personal prescriptions) are allowed while partaking in any tour activity.
- It is the trip leader’s responsibility to assure that each member of the group has been made aware of and has read the Waiver. With your initial payment, you are confirming that all of your group members have read and understood both the Waiver and Booking Policies Agreement.
- Winter Tour Reservations taken more than one year in advance may be subject to a price increase at the discretion of Ice Creek lodge due to unforeseen cost increases within our industry, group leaders will be given notice of next year’s prices when the full deposit is due on April 15th.
Trip leaders are responsible for group payment, group information, and all communication with every individual member of their group.
- You will be responsible for the cost of a helicopter evacuation, if necessary – check your medical insurance coverage for details on air evacuation and medical expenses
- The participation of any person during a day of activity is subject to the discretion of the guide
- All health conditions and allergies may be noted on the Ice Creek Lodge Medical Information Form
- These precautions are necessary to help ensure clients have a safe and fun backcountry experience
Ice Creek Lodge will assume no responsibility for days lost due to weather conditions. Weather delays for flights into Ice Creek Lodge are a possibility under severe winter weather conditions. Other arrangements for skiing on that day can be made at various neighboring local resorts. We recommend a flexible travel schedule for your return home in case of an unplanned flight delay out of the lodge.
Damage to premises – Damage/loss of equipment
All damage to surrounding structures, utilities, and/or Ice Creek Lodge property resulting from misuse will be billed to the user at a “cost to replace” value determined by Ice Creek Lodge management.
We are not responsible or liable for the loss or damage of clients’ personal or rented equipment; traveling to or from the lodge or during the course of the clients’ backcountry tour.
By registering for an Ice Creek Lodge backcountry tour, you acknowledge the risks of mountainous areas in all conditions and the risks of traveling in the aforementioned terrain. Each participant will be required to sign a Release of Liability Waiver prior to arriving at Ice Creek Lodge.
Once a group leader places a booking with us, we assume that your group has read the waiver and accepts all terms and conditions described on this website.
All claims – irrespective of the nationality of the participants – shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia.
Weight restrictions do apply and are strictly enforced. If the weight exceeds the limit, extra flight charges will be incurred. You will fly in the helicopter dressed to go touring for the day with your skis and pack. Weight limits may vary depending on the type of package, typically 50lbs per person or less including lodge-wear, alcohol, and other items not ski or snowboard related. Keep in mind, 24 cans of beer equals approximately 22 lbs. Please contact us for further details or if you would like to arrange an extra flight.